Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day 1 - Waking from nap

I successfully napped from 11:30 until 13:00 after my core sleep of 
02:00 to 07:00 (which should have been 08:00 as mentioned in my 
previous post). I found it quite easy to fall asleep quickly and slept for 
the whole nap, except for waking up briefly and looking at the time 
approximately half way through. I slept on top of the bed rather than 
getting into bed as I would at night as this made it feel more like a nap rather than a sleep. I may experiment with this as I go.

The next challenge is to stay awake until 02:00, this shouldn't be too difficult as I am used to staying up that late on days when I last woke from sleep much earlier than 13:00! However I will be interested to see how awake I feel throughout the day.

So far I feel as alert and energetic as normal if not more so.

Some of you may be thinking that I am not gaining very much by doing this, after all I still slept for 6.5 hours today, I'm sure a lot of you do this or not much more in one monophasic sleep and feel perfectly refreshed. The main advantage for me though is control over the time I spend asleep, in a monophasic sleep schedule I always slip into sleeping for more than 8 hours and the amount of sleep I get varies each day. Biphasic sleeping will hopefully allow me to regularly sleep for 7.5 hours per 24 hour period, and then maybe even drop to 6 hours.

If I am unable to decrease my core sleep to 4.5 hours then I will either carry on with my current biphasic schedule, or change to a 7.5 hour monophasic schedule and try and be more strict about bed-time and waking-up time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home